Research Interests:Fish population dynamics and their interactions with environmental conditions, aquatic community ecology, analysis and visualization of large data sets
- Ph.D. Colorado State University, Fisheries and Wildlife Biology 2003
- M.S. New Mexico State University, Fishery and Wildlife Sciences (Minor subject – Experimental statistics) 1997
- B.S. Biology, University of Michigan, 1993
- Weber, E. D., J. H. Vølstad, M. C. Christman, D. Lewis, and J. R. Dew-Baxter. 2013. Application of a demographic model for evaluating proposed oyster restoration actions in Chesapeake Bay. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment 19:1187-1203.
- Weber, E. D., and Moore, T. J. 2013. Corrected conversion algorithms for the CalCOFI station grid and their implementation in several computer languages. California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations Reports 54.
- Weber, E. D. and S. McClatchie. 2012. Effect of environmental conditions on the distribution of Pacific Mackerel Scomber japonicus larvae in the California Current system. Fisheries Bulletin 110:85-97.
- Weber, E. D., and S. McClatchie. 2010. Predictive Models of Northern Anchovy Engraulis mordax and Pacific Sardine Sardinops sagax Spawning Habitat in the California Current. Marine Ecology Progress Series 406:251-263.
- Weber, E. D., and K. D. Fausch. 2005. Competition between hatchery-reared and wild juvenile Chinook salmon in enclosures in the Sacramento River, California. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 134:44-58.
- Weber, E. D., and K. D. Fausch. 2003. Interactions between hatchery and wild salmonids in streams: differences in biology and evidence for competition. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 60:1018-1036.
The rcalcofi package is currently broken for versions of R >= 2.14. I hope to have a new version out soon after the Proj4 library version 4.9 is released. Please contact me if you need an interim solution. The previous package can be downloaded here.