Research Interests:Ecology and diet studies of large pelagics (common/bigeye thresher, blue, mako sharks and swordfish), educational outreach and conservation.
- Ph.D., (candidate) Ecology. School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- M.S., (Laurea) Biology, Marine Ecology. University of Torino, Italy. 1996.
- Recording Arts Certificate. Miracosta College, Oceanside, California. 2004.
- Music Technology Certificate. Miracosta College, Oceanside, California. 2006.
- Preti, A., S. Kohin, H. Dewar, and D. Ramon. 2008. Feeding habits of the bigeye thresher shark (Alopias superciliousus) sampled from the California-based drift gillnet fishery. CalCOFI Reports Vol 49:202-211.
- Vetter, R., S. Kohin, A. Preti, S. McClatchie, and H. Dewar. 2008. Predatory interactions between mako shark, Isurus oxyrinchus, and jumbo squid, Dosidicus gigas, in the California Current. Vol. 49:142-156.
- De Maddalena A. and A. Preti. 2005. Super mako. Airone, Agosto 2005. pp. 38-43, Italy.
- De Maddalena A. & A. Preti. 2005. Mako sharks. Dive New Zealand. 91: 49.
- Preti, A., S.E. Smith and D.A. Ramon. 2004. Diet differences in the thresher shark (Alopias vulpinus) during transition from a warm to cool-water regime off California-Oregon, 1998-2000. CalCOFI Reports. Vol. 45: 118-125
- Preti, A., S.E. Smith and D.A. Ramon. 2001. Feeding habits of the common thresher shark (Alopias vulpinus) sampled from the California-based drift gill net fishery, 1998-99. CalCOFI Reports. Vol. 42: 145-152.
- Preti, A. 1996. Analysis of the variability of the Nucleolus Organizer Regions in Ophryotrocha, Polychaeta. Master Thesis.
- De Maddalena, A. and A. Preti. 2007. Sharks of the Pacific Northwest. Including Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska. Harbour Publishing, Canada, 144 pp.
- De Maddalena, A., A. Preti and R. Smith. 2005. Mako Sharks. Krieger Publishing Company, Malabar, 72 pp.
Curriculum Vitae File