Food web dynamics
Life history and behavior
Ecosystem approaches to fisheries management
- Ph.D. in Marine Biology, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California – San Diego. 2012.
- M.S. in Zoology, Center for Limnology, University of Wisconsin – Madison. 2001.
- B.S. in Zoology and Biological Aspects of Conservation, University of Wisconsin – Madison. 1999.
- Hinke J.T., W.Z. Trivelpiece. 2011. Daily activity and minimum food requirements during winter for gentoo penguins (Pygoscelis papua) in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Polar Biology 34:1579-1590
- Trivelpiece WZ, J.T. Hinke, A.K. Miller, C.S. Reiss, S.G. Trivelpiece, G.M. Watters. 2011. Variability in krill biomass links harvesting and climate warming to penguin population changes in Antarctica. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 108:7625-7628
- Hill, S., K. Reid, S. Thorpe, J. Hinke, G. Watters. 2007 A compilation of parameters for ecosystem dynamics models in the Scotia Sea – Antarctic Peninsula region. CCAMLR Science 14:1-25
- Hinke, J.T., K. Salwicka, S. G. Trivelpiece, G.M. Watters, W.Z. Trivelpiece. 2007. Divergent responses of Pygoscelis penguins reveal a common environmental driver. Oecologia 153:845-855
- Sass, G.G, C.M. Gille, J.T. Hinke, and J.F. Kitchell. 2006. Whole-lake influences of
- littoral structural complexity and prey body morphology on fish predator-prey interactions. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 15:301-308
- Hinke, J.T., D.G. Foley, C. Wilson, G.M. Watters. 2005. Persistent habitat use by Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) in the coastal ocean. Marine Ecology Progress Series 304:207-220
- Hinke, J.T., G.M. Watters, G. Boehlert, and P. Zedonis. 2005. Ocean habitat use in autumn by Chinook salmon in coastal waters of Oregon and California. Marine Ecology Progress Series 285:181-192
- Hinke, J.T, I.C. Kaplan, K. Aydin, G.M. Watters, R.J. Olson, and J.F. Kitchell. 2004. Visualizing the food-web effects of fishing for tunas in the Pacific Ocean. Ecology and Society 9(1):10 [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol9/iss1/art10