Research Interests:I am interested in ecology and ecosystem dynamics of marine fishes. Recent work has been on stock assessments of west coast groundfish species. Specific research interests include stock assessment methods, and implications of stock assessments to fishery managements.
- Ph.D. Limnology and Oceanography, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1990
- M.S. Limnology and Oceanography, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1986
- B.S. Freshwater Ecology, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China, 1982
- He, X., M. Mangel, and A. MacCall. 2006. A prior for steepness in stock-recruitment relationships, based on an evolutionary persistence principle. Fishery Bulletin 104(3):428-433.
- He, X., S. Ralston, and A. MacCall. 2010. Interactions of age-dependent mortality and selectivity functions in age-based stock assessment models. Fishery Bulletin 109:198-216.