All imported wildlife products are inspected by the US Fish and Wildlife Service upon entry into the country.We ask that you follow the procedures below in order to ensure that your samples arrive safely and legally at our laboratory.
- Obtain proper permits (your country’s CITES Export permit, US Import permit, plus any other permits required by your country).
- Most countries require a secondary signature or validation on the bottom of the export permit. This signature should be obtained when declaring the samples for export to your country’s regulatory body.
- If possible, fax a copy of your CITES Export permit to your contact at the lab, or to Erin LaCasella at 858-546-7003.
- Place ORIGINAL copies of all permits on the inside of the package. An additional copy of the permits and all paperwork should be placed on the outside of the package.
If you are hand carrying samples to the United States you must also:
- Complete a “Declaration For Importation or Exportation of Fish or Wildlife” form (Declaration Form 3-177). Please also see the Fish and Wildlife web page instructions at http://www.fws.gov/permits/ImportExport/ImportExport.shtml
- Provide us with your flight information and sample contents so we can contact a Fish & Wildlife Inspector at the designated port of entry to clear the samples upon your arrival.
Declaration Form 3-177
If you have any questions, please contact Erin LaCasella