Research Interests:I started at Fisheries as a volunteer in the genetics lab in April 2003. My work in the genetics lab have included a diversity of projects, ranging from of sea turtle stock assessments, to screening new genetic markers on various marine mammals. In addition, I have also participated in a range of different field work studies, including sea turtle beach surveys, counts of migrating gray whales, aerial photogrammetry of leatherback turtles, and acting as a visiting scientist aboard the 2007 STAR-LITE ETP cruise. Currently, my main responsibility is assisting with lab management, and I also continue to work on marine mammal genetics.
- Morin, P. A., Victoria L. Pease, Brittany L. Hancock, Kelly M. Robertson, CarolineW. Antolik, and Ryan M. Huebinger. 2010. Characterization of 42 single nucleotide polymorphisims (SNP) for the bowhead whale (Balaena mysticetus) for use in discriminating populations. Marine Mammal Science July 2010 issue.
- Chivers, S. J., R. W. Baird, K. M. Martien, B. L. Taylor, E. Archer, A. M. Gorgone, B.L. Hancock, N. M. Hedrick, D. Mantilla, D. J. McSweeney, E. M. Oleson, C. L. Palmer, V. Pease, K.M. Robertson, J. Robbins, J. Carlos Salinas, G. S. Schorr, M.Schultz, J. L. Theileking and D. L. Webster. 2010. Evidence of genetic differentiation for Hawaii insular false killer whales. NOAA-TM-NMFS-SWFSC-458
- Mesnick, S., B. Taylor, E. I. Archer, K. Martien, S. E. Treviño, B. L. Hancock, S. M. Medina, V. L. Pease, K. Robertson, J. M. Straley, R. Baird, J. Calambokidis, P.Wade, V. Burkanov, C. R. Lunsford , L. Rendell, H.Whitehead, and P. Morin. 2011. Sperm Whale Population Structure in the Eastern North Pacific Inferred by the Use of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs), Microsatellites and Mitochondrial DNA. Molecular Ecology Resources, Special Issue: SNP Development in Non-model organisms, Vol 11, pages 278-298.
- Victoria L. Pease, Phillip A. Morin, Karen K. Martien, Susan J. Chivers, Kelly M. Robertson, Brittany Hancock-Hanser, Amanda J. Bowman. 2011. Development of Guidelines for Quality Control of Genetic Data In 5 Simple Steps. Poster for the 19th biennial conference of the Society of Marine Mammalogy.
- Lang, A.R., Taylor, B.L., Calambokidis, J., Pease, V.L., Klimik, A., Scordino, J., Robertson, K.M., Litovka, D., Burkanov, V., Gearin, P., George, J.C., and Mate, B. 2011. Assessment of stock structure among gray whales utilizing feeding grounds in the Eastern North Pacific. Paper SC/M11/AWMP4 presented to the International Whaling Commission Scientific Committee.
- Lang, A.R., Weller, D.W., LeDuc, R., Burdin, A.M., Pease, V.L., Litovka, D., Burkanov, V., and Brownell, R.L., Jr. 2011. Genetic analysis of stock structure and movements of gray whales in the eastern and western North Pacific. Paper SC/63/BRG10 presented to the IWC Scientific Committee.