Recent AERD Posters and Publications
To obtain a copy of these documents, click on the AMLR primary author to email a request.
Submissions to CCAMLR
- Temperature-dependent growth of Thysanoessa macrura: inter-annual and spatial variability. R.M. Driscoll, C.S. Reiss, and B.T. Hentschel. WG-EMM-13/39 (2013).
- The relative by-catches of taxa associated with vulnerable marine ecosystems by autolines and Spanish longlines. T. Gerrodette and G. Watters. WG-FSA-13/41 (2013).
- Formalising the invitation and management of experts and observers to meetings of CCAMLR Scientific Committee subsidiary bodies. C.D. Jones. SC-CAMLR-XXXII/09 (2013).
- Abundance, distribution, energy density and trophic position of euphausiids during winter 2012: preliminary results from the first US AMLR Winter Survey. C. Reiss and C. Jones. WG-EMM-13/40 (2013).
- Evaluation of populations of chinstrap and gentoo penguins at Cierva Cove (ASPA No 132). Is this site an appropriate control area for non-fishing effects? M.M. Santos, N.R. Coria, E. Barrera-Oro, and J.T. Hinke. WG-EMM-13/27 (2013).
- Abundance estimation of Adélie penguins colony at Esperanza/Hope Bay. M.M. Santos, N.R. Coria, E. Barrera-Oro, and J.T. Hinke. WG-EMM-13/43 (2013).
- Semi-empirical acoustic estimates of krill biomass derived from simulated commercial fishery data based on single-frequency acoustics. A.M. Cossio, G.M. Watters, C.S. Reiss, J.T. Hinke, and D. Kinzey. WG-ASAM-12/04 (2012).
- A proposal for the Ross Sea region Marine Protected Area. Delegation of the United States of America. CCAMLR-XXXI/40 (2012).
- The relative impacts of Autolines and Spanish longlines on vulnerable marine ecosystems. T. Gerrodette and G.M. Watters. WG-FSA-12/27 (2012).
- Synopsis of data from satellite telemetry of foraging trips and migration routes of penguins and pinnipeds from the South Shetland Islands, 1997/98 to present. J.T. Hinke, G.M. Watters, W.Z. Trivelpiece, and M.E. Goebel. WG-EMM-12/37 (2012).
- Effects of recruitment variability and natural mortality on Generalised Yield Model projections and the CCAMLR Decision Rules for Antarctic krill. D. Kinzey, G. Watters, and C. Reiss. WG-EMM-12/26 (2012).
- An integrated assessment model for Antarctic krill: progress update. D. Kinzey, G. Watters, and C. Reiss. WG-EMM-12/27 (2012).
- The composition, abundance and reproductive characteristics of the demersal fish fauna in the Elephant Island–South Shetland Islands region and at the tip of the Antarctic Peninsula (CCAMLR Subarea 8.1) in March–early April 2012. K.-H. Kock and C.D. Jones. WG-FSA-12/10 (2012).
- The recent decline in recruitment of Gobionotothen gibberifrons in the South Shetland Islands (CCAMLR Subarea 48.1). K.-H. Kock and C.D. Jones. WG-FSA-12/20 (2012).
- Has Notothenia rossii around Elephant Islands and the lower South Shetland Islands (Subarea 48.1) recovered from exploitation some 30 years ago? K.-H. Kock and C.D. Jones. WG-FSA-12/19 (2012).
- Potential VMEs around Elephant and the South Shetland Islands (Subarea 48.1). S.J. Lockhart, N. Wilson, and E. Lazo-Wasem. WG-EMM-12/51 (2012).
- Extending ecological monitoring to underpin the development of feedback management approaches for the Antarctic krill fishery. P.N. Trathan, H.J. Lynch, C. Southwell, P.T. Fretwell, G. Watters, and N. Ratcliffe. WG-EMM-12/04 (2012).
- Research and monitoring to support an MPA in the Ross Sea Region. G.M. Watters and C.S. Reiss. WG-EMM-12/46 (2012).
- Towards developing a feedback management procedure for the Antarctic krill fishery. G.M. Watters and J.T. Hinke. WG-EMM-12/44 (2012).
- A re-analysis and update of the Antarctic krill biomass in the South Shetland Islands, through 2011. A. Cossio, C. Reiss, and R. Driscoll. WG-EMM-11/26 (2011).
- An MPA scenario for the Ross Sea region. Delegation of the USA. SC-CAMLR-XXX/30 (2011).
- The ASAM 2010 assessment of krill biomass for Area 48 from the Scotia Sea CCAMLR 2000 Synoptic Survey. S. Fielding, J. Watkins, A. Cossio, C. Reiss, G. Watters, L. Calise, G. Skaret, Y. Takao, X. Zhao, D. Agnew, D. Ramm, and K. Reid. WG-EMM-11/20 (2011).
- Connectivity and population structure in Pleuragramma antarcticum. J. Ferguson, J. Ashford, A. Piñones, J. Torres, W. Fraser, C. Jones, and M. Pinkerton. WG-FSA-11/19 (2011).
- Antarctic krill and climate change. H. Flores, A.S. Atkinson, E. Bravo Rebolledo, V. Cirelli, J. Cuzin-Roudy, S. Fielding, J.A. van Franeker, J.J. Groeneveld, M. Haraldsson, S. Kawaguchi, B.A. Krafft, A. Lombana, E. Marschoff, B. Meyer, G. Milinevsky, S. Nicol, E.A. Pakhomov, A.P. Van de Putte, C. Reiss, E. Rombolá, and K. Schmidt. WG-EMM-11/16 (2011).
- Comparing CEMP indices to inform feedback management of the Antarctic krill fishery. J.T. Hinke and G.M. Watters. WG-EMM-11/25 (2011).
- Dense stalked crinoid dominated assemblages on admiralty seamount in the northern Ross Sea (Subarea 88.1g): two potential VMEs. C.D. Jones, D.A. Bowden and S. Schiaparelli. WG-EMM-11/10 (2011).
- The Ross Sea toothfish fishery: proposal for conditional transition of classification from exploratory to established. C. Jones and S. Hanchet. WG-FSA-11/32 (2011).
- Modeling Antarctic krill: scale, movement and age-structure. D. Kinzey, G. Watters, and C. Reiss. WG-EMM-11/43 Rev. 1 (2011).
- Research standards for exploratory fisheries. D. Kinzey. WG-SAM-11/15 Rev. 1 (2011).
- Marine protected area planning by New Zealand and the United States in the Ross Sea region. B.R. Sharp and G.M. Watters. WS-MPA-11/25 (2011).
- Antarctic krill demography and population dynamics west of the Antarctic Peninsula in 2010/11. V. Siegel, C. Reiss, K. Dietrich, M. Haraldsson, and G. Rohardt. WG-EMM-11/13 (2011).
- Update on inter-sessional work by the sub-group on status and trends assessment of predator populations (WG-EMM-STAPP). C. Southwell, L. Emmerson, J. Forcada, M. Goebel, J. Hinke, H. Lynch, P. Lyver, J. McKinlay, N. Ratcliffe, D. Ramm, K. Reid, C. Reiss, W. Trivelpiece, S. Trivelpiece, and P. Trathan. WG-EMM-11/30 (2011).
- How much do icefish (Notothenioidei, Channichthyidae) eat in the southern Scotia Arc and the Antarctic Peninsula region? K.-H. Kock, C.D. Jones, J. Gröger, and S. Schöling. WG-FSA-10/18 (2010).
- High densities of pterobranchs and sea pens encountered at sites in the South Orkney Islands (Subarea 48.2): two potential VMEs. S.J. Lockhart and C.D. Jones. WG-EMM-10/14 (2010).
- Bioregionalisation and spatial ecosystem processes in the Ross Sea region. B. Sharp, S. Parker, M. Pinkerton, B. Breen, V. Cummings, A. Dunn, S. Grant, S. Hanchet, H. Keys, S. Lockhart, P. Lyver, R. O’Driscoll, M. Williams, and P. Wilson. WG-EMM-10/30 (2010).
- Rapid climate change and life history: how plastic is the Adélie penguin? J. Hinke, S. Trivelpiece, and W. Trivelpiece. WG-EMM-09/34 (2009).
- Strong effects of environmental conditions on reproductive success of penguins at King George Island. J. Hinke., C. Reiss, and W. Trivelpiece. WG-EMM-09/43 (2009).
- Standing stock, spatial distribution, and biological features of demersal finfish from the 2009 US AMLR bottom trawl survey of the South Orkney Islands (Subarea 48.2). C.D. Jones and K.-H. Kock. WG-FSA-09/19 (2009).
- Detection of vulnerable marine ecosystems in the southern Scotia Arc (CCAMLR Subareas 48.1 and 48.2) through research bottom trawl sampling and underwater imagery. S.J. Lockhart and C.D. Jones. WG-EMM-09/32 (2009).
CCAMLR VME Taxa Classification Guide. CCAMLR, Hobart, Australia, 2009, 4 p. S. Parker, D. Tracey, E. Mackay, S. Mills, P. Marriott, O. Anderson, K. Schnabel, D. Bowden, M. Kelly, and S. Lockhart. http://www.ccamlr.org/pu/e/sc/obs/vme-guide.pdf (2009).
- Demographic patterns of Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) explain the spatial segregation of baleen whales (Mysticeti) around the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. J.A. Santora, C.S. Reiss, V.J. Loeb, and R.R. Veit. WG-EMM-09/33 (2009).
- Update on progress in intersessional work from the Predator Survey Workshop. C. Southwell, J. Forcada, M. Goebel, J. Hinke, H. Lynch, P. Lyver, J. McKinlay, N. Ratcliffe, D. Ramm, K. Reid, C. Reiss, W. Trivelpiece, S. Trivelpiece, and P. Trathan. WG-EMM-09/39 (2009).
- Chinstrap penguins: misunderstood and vulnerable monitors of ecosystem changes in the Scotia Sea region of Antarctica. W.Z. Trivelpiece, J.T. Hinke, A.K. Miller, C. Reiss, S.G. Trivelpiece, and G.M. Watters. WG-EMM-09/17 (2009).
- The risks of not deciding to allocate the precautionary krill catch limit among SSMUs and allowing uncontrolled expansion of the krill fishery up to the trigger level. G.M. Watters, S. Hill, J.T. Hinke, and P. Trathan. WG-EMM-09/12 (2009).
- Winter preconditioning determines feeding ecology of Euphausia superba in the Antarctic Peninsula. C.S. Reiss, J. Walsh, and M.E. Goebel. Marine Ecology Progress Series (in review).
- Ontogenetic niche expansion influences mercury exposure in the Antarctic silverfish (Pleuragramma antarcticum). R. Brasso, M.J. Polito, M.J. Langa, and C.D. Jones. Marine Ecology Progress Series (in press).
- High male reproductive success in a low-density Antarctic fur seal (Arctocephalus gazella) breeding colony. C.A. Bonin, M.E. Goebel, J.I. Hoffman, and R.S. Burton. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology (in press).
- Inter-annual variation of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) concentrations in an Antarctic top predator. E. Brault, M. Goebel, H. Geisz, E. Canuel, and R. Dickhut. Environmental Science and Technology (in press).
- Unexpected genetic differentiation between recently recolonized populations of a long-lived and highly vagile marine mammal. C.A. Bonin, M.E. Goebel, J. Forcada, R.S. Burton, and J.I. Hoffman. Ecology and Evolution 3: 3701-3712 (2013).
- Circum-polar overview and spatial heterogeneity of Antarctic macrobenthic communities. J. Gutt, H.J. Griffiths, and C.D. Jones. Marine Biodiversity 43: 481-487 (2013).
- Antarctic macrobenthic communities: a compilation of circumpolar information. J. Gutt, D.K.A. Barnes, S.J. Lockhart, and A. van de Putte. Nature Conservation 4: 1-13 (2013).
- Effects of recruitment variability and natural mortality on generalized yield model projections and the CCAMLR decision rules for Antarctic krill. D. Kinzey, G. Watters, and C.S. Reiss. CCAMLR Science 20: 81-96 (2013).
- Interannual variability in the feeding of ice fish (Notothenioidei, Channichthyidae) in the southern Scotia Arc and the Antarctic Peninsula region (CCAMLR Subareas 48.1 and 48.2). K.-H. Kock, J. Gröger, and C.D. Jones. Polar Biology 36: 1451-1462 (2013).
- Early life history of the ocellated icefish, Chionodraco rastrospinosus, off the Antarctic Peninsula. M. La Mesa, B. Catalano, and C.D. Jones. Antarctic Science 25: 373-380 (2013).
- Early ontogeny of the mackerel icefish, Champsocephalus gunnari, in the southern Scotia Arc. M. La Mesa, B. Catalano, P. Koubbi, and C. Jones. Polar Biology. DOI: 1007/s00300-013-1304-x (2013).
- Microbial biogeography during austral summer 2007 in the surface waters around the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. L. Mork Olsen, M. Van Ardelan, C.D. Hewes, O. Holm-Hansen, C. Reiss, N. Bizsel, E. Sakshaug, and O. Vadstein. Aquatic Microbial Ecology 70: 131-140 (2013).
- Characterization of blubber FA signatures in Northern elephant seals (Mirounga angustirostris) over the postweaning fast. D.P. Noren, S.M. Budge, S.J. Iverson, M.E. Goebel, D.P. Costa, and T.M. Williams. Journal of Comparative Physiology B. DOI: 10.1007/s00360-013-0773-0 (2013).
- Among-year variation in growth of Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) based on length-frequency data. A.O. Shelton, D. Kinzey, C. Reiss, S. Munch, G. Watters, and M. Mangel. Marine Ecology Progress Series 481: 53-67 (2013).
- Top-down and bottom-up influences on demographic rates of Antarctic fur seals (Arctocephalus gazella). L.K. Schwarz, M.E. Goebel, D.P. Costa, and A.M. Kilpatrick. Journal of Animal Ecology 82: 903-911 (2013).
- Distribution and abundance of Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) along the Antarctic Peninsula. V. Siegel, C.S. Reiss, K.S. Dietrich, M. Haraldsson, and G. Rohardt. Deep Sea Research I 77: 63-74 (2013).
- Decision-making for ecosystem-based management: evaluating options for a krill fishery with an ecosystem dynamics model. G.M. Watters, S.L. Hill, J.T. Hinke, J. Matthews, and K. Reid. Ecological Applications 23: 710-725 (2013).
- Does large-scale ocean circulation structure life history connectivity in Antarctic toothfish (Dissostichus mawsoni)? J. Ashford, M. Dinniman, C. Brooks, A. Andrews, E. Hofmann, G. Cailliet, C. Jones, and N. Ramanna. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science 69: 1-17 (2012).
- Twins or not? Genetic analysis of putative twins in Antarctic fur seals, Arctocephalus gazella, on the South Shetland Islands. C.A. Bonin, M.E. Goebel, G.M. O’Corry-Crowe, and R.S. Burton. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 412: 13-19 (2012).
- Sub-Antarctic and high Antarctic notothenioid fishes: Ecology and adaptational biology revealed by the ICEFISH 2004 cruise of RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer. H.W. III Detrich, B.A. Buckley, D.F. Doolittle, C.D. Jones, and S.J. Lockhart. Oceanography 25: 184-187 (2012).
- Ecological metrics of biomass removed by three methods of purse-seine fishing for tunas in the eastern tropical Pacific Ocean. T. Gerrodette, R. Olson, S. Reilly, G. Watters, and W. Perrin. Conservation Biology 26: 248-256 (2012).
- Complex wasp-waist regulation of pelagic ecosystems in the Pacific Ocean. S.P. Griffiths, R.J. Olson, and G.M. Watters. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. DOI 10.1007/s11160-012-9301-7 (2012).
- Flexible reproductive timing can buffer reproductive success of Pygoscelis penguins in the Antarctic Peninsula region. J.T. Hinke, M.J. Polito, C.S. Reiss, S.G. Trivelpiece, and W.Z. Trivelpiece. Marine Ecology Progress Series 454: 83-90 (2012).
- The reproductive behaviour of Pogonophryne scotti Regan confirms that egg-guarding parental care is widespread among the major evolutionary lineages of Antarctic notothenioids. C.D. Jones and T.J. Near. Journal of Fish Biology 80: 2629-2635 (2012).
- Age and growth of the Antarctic dragonfish Parachaenichthys charcoti (Pisces, Bathydraconidae) from the southern Scotia Arc. M. La Mesa, B. Catalano, K.-H. Kock, and C.D. Jones. Polar Biology. DOI: 10.1007/s00300-012-1194-3 (2012).
- Phylogeography and bindin evolution in Arbacia, a sea urchin with an unusual distribution. H. Lessios, S. Lockhart, R. Collin, G. Sotil, P. Sanchez-Jerez, K. Zigler, A. Perez, M. Garrido, L. Geyer, G. Bernardi, V. Vacquier, R. Haroun, and B. Kessing. Molecular Ecology 21: 130-144 (2012).
- Biological and environmental drivers of energy allocation in a dependent mammal, the Antarctic fur seal pup. B.I. McDonald, M.E. Goebel, D.E. Crocker, and D.P. Costa. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 85: 134-147 (2012).
- Dynamic influence of maternal and pup traits on maternal care during lactation in an income breeder, the Antarctic fur seal. B.I. McDonald, M.E. Goebel, D.E. Crocker, and D.P. Costa. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 85: 243-254 (2012).
- Ancient climate change, antifreeze, and the evolutionary diversification of Antarctic fishes. T.J. Near, A. Dornburg, K.L. Kuhn, J.T. Eastman, J.N. Pennington, T. Patarnello, L. Zane, D.A. Fernández, and C.D. Jones. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 109: 3434-3439 (2012).
- Oceanic controls on the mass balance of Wilkins Ice Shelf, Antarctica. L. Padman, D.P. Costa, M.S. Dinniman, H.A. Fricker, M.E. Goebel, L.A. Hückstädt, A. Humbert, I. Joughin, J.T.M. Lenaerts, S.R.M. Ligtenberg, T. Scambos, and M.R. van den Broeke. Journal of Geophysical Research 117. DOI: 10.1029/2011JC007301 (2012).
- A simplified method of determining the sex of Pygoscelis penguins using bill measurements. M.J. Polito, G.V. Clucas, T. Hart, and W.Z. Trivelpiece. Marine Ornithology 40: 89-94 (2012).
- Physiological constraints and the influence of diet on fatty acids in the yolk of gentoo penguins, Pygoscelis papua. M.J. Polito, H.N. Koopman, S. Able, J. Walsh, and M.E. Goebel. Journal of Comparative Physiology B. DOI: 10.1007/s00360-012-0649-8 (2012).
- Krill in space: a comparative assessment of mesoscale structuring in polar and temperate marine ecosystems. J.A. Santora, W.J. Sydeman, I.D. Schroeder, C.S. Reiss, B.K. Wells, J.C. Field, A.M. Cossio, and V.J. Loeb. ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI: 10.1093/icesjms/fss048 (2012).
- Age estimation and lead-radium dating of Antarctic toothfish (Dissostichus mawsoni) in the Ross Sea. C.M. Brooks, A.H. Andrews, J.R. Ashford, N. Ramanna, C.D. Jones, C.C. Lundstrom, and G.M. Cailliet. Polar Biology 34: 329–338 (2011).
- Temperature record in the oxygen stable isotopes of Pacific sardine otoliths: Experimental vs. wild stocks from the Southern California Bight. E. Dorval, K. Piner, L. Robertson, C. Reiss, B. Javor, and R. Vetter. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 397: 136-143 (2011).
- Daily activity and minimum food requirements during winter for gentoo penguins (Pygoscelis papua) in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. J.T. Hinke and W.Z. Trivelpiece. Polar Biology 34: 1579-1590 (2011).
- Stable isotope analyses reveal the complex trophic ecology of an apex marine predator, the Southern elephant seal. L.A. Hückstädt, P.L. Koch, B.I. McDonald, M.E. Goebel, D.E. Crocker, and D.P. Costa. Oecologia. DOI: 10.1007/s00442-011-2202-y (2011).
- Detecting vulnerable marine ecosystems in the Southern Ocean using research trawls and underwater imagery. C.D. Jones and S.J. Lockhart. Marine Policy 35: 732–736 (2011).
- Integrating stomach content and stable isotope analyses to quantify the diets of pygoscelid penguins. M.J. Polito, W.Z. Trivelpiece, N.J. Karnovsky, E. Ng, W.P. Patterson, and S.D. Emslie. PLoS ONE 6(10):e26642 (2011).
- Geospatial variability of krill and top predators within an Antarctic submarine canyon system. J.A. Santora and C.S. Reiss. Marine Biology 158: 2527-2540 (2011).
- Variability in krill biomass links harvesting and climate warming to penguin population changes in Antarctica. W.Z. Trivelpiece, J.T. Hinke, A.K. Miller, C.S. Reiss, S.G. Trivelpiece, and G.M. Watters. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 108: 7625-7628 (2011).
- Estimation of spawning habitats of market squid (Doryteuthis opalescens) from field surveys of eggs off Central and Southern California. L.D. Zeidberg, J.L. Butler, D. Ramon, A. Cossio, K. Stierhoff, and A. Henry. Marine Ecology: An Evolutionary Perspective, pp. 1 – 11 (2011).
- Natural iron enrichment around the Antarctic Peninsula in the Southern Ocean. M.V. Ardelan, O. Holm-Hansen, C.D. Hewes, C.S. Reiss, N.S. Silva, H. Dulaiova, E. Steinnes, and E. Sakshaug. Biogeosciences 7: 11-25 (2010).
- Testing early life connectivity in Scotia Sea icefish using otolith chemistry and particle tracking simulations. J. Ashford, M. La Mesa, B. Fach, C. Jones, and I. Everson. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 67: 1303–1315 (2010).
- Electronic tracking tag programming critical to data collection for behavioral time-series analysis. G.A. Breed, D.P. Costa, M.E. Goebel, and P. Robinson. Ecosphere 2: 1-12 (2010).
- Approaches to studying climatic change and its role on the habitat selection of Antarctic pinnipeds. D.P. Costa, L.A. Hückstädt, D.E. Crocker, B.I. McDonald, M.E. Goebel, and M.A. Fedak. Integrative and Comparative Biology 50: 1018–1030 (2010).
- Spatial associations between large baleen whales and their prey in West Greenland. K.L. Laidre, M.P. Heide-Jorgensen, P. Heagerty, A. Cossio, B. Bergstrom, and M. Simon. Marine Ecology Progress Series 402: 269-284 (2010).
- Seals map bathymetry of the Antarctic continental shelf. L. Padman, D.P. Costa, S.T. Bolmer, M.E. Goebel, L.A. Hückstädt, A. Jenkins, B.I. McDonald, and D.R. Shoosmith. Geophysical Research Letters 37. DOI: 10.1029/2010GL044921 (2010).
- Investigating the use of stable isotope analysis of milk to infer seasonal trends in the diets and foraging habitats of female Antarctic fur seals. M.J. Polito and M.E. Goebel. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 395: 1-12 (2010).
- Maturation increases early reproductive investment in Adélie penguins Pygoscelis adeliae. M.J. Polito, A.K. Miller, S.G. Trivelpiece, and W.Z. Trivelpiece. Ibis 152: 38-47 (2010).
- Spatial association between hotspots of baleen whales and demographic patterns of Antarctic krill Euphausia superba suggests size-dependent predation. J.A. Santora, C.S. Reiss, V.J. Loeb, and R. Veit. Marine Ecology Progress Series 405: 255-269 (2010).
- "New insights into Southern Ocean physical and biological processes revealed by instrumented elephant seals." J.-B. Charrassin, F. Roquet, Y.-H. Park, F. Bailleul, C. Guinet, M. Meredith, K. Nicholls, S. Thorpe, B. McDonald, I. Tremblay, D.P. Costa, M. Goebel, M. Muelbert, M.N. Bester, J. Plötz, H. Bornemann, R. Timmermann , M. Hindell, A. Meijers, R.C. Coleman, I.C. Field, C.M. McMahon, S.R. Rintoul, S. Sokolov, L. Boehme, P. Lovell, M.A. Fedak, M. Biuw, O.A. Nost, C. Lydersen, and K.M. Kovacs. Proceedings of OceanObs’09: Sustained Ocean Observations and Information for Society (Vol. 2), Venice, Italy, 21-25 September 2009, Hall, J., Harrison, D.E. & Stammer, D., Eds., ESA Publication WPP-306. DOI:10.5270/OceanObs09.cwp.15 (2009).
- Multispecies and single-species models of fish population dynamics: comparing parameter estimates. D. Kinzey and A. Punt. Natural Resource Modeling 22: 67-104 (2009).
- Aspects of the biology and population genetics of the Antarctic nototheniid fish Trematomus nicolai. K.L. Kuhn, T.J. Near, C.D. Jones, and J.T. Eastman. Copeia 2:320-327 (2009).
- Age and growth of spiny icefish, Chaenodraco wilsoni (Regan, 1914), off Joinville-D’Urville Islands (Antarctic Peninsula). M. La Mesa, A. De Felice, C.D. Jones, and K.-H. Kock. CCAMLR Science 16:115-130 (2009).
- Effects of maternal traits and individual behavior on the foraging strategies and provisioning rates of an income breeder, the Antarctic fur seal. B.I. McDonald, M.E. Goebel, D.E. Crocker, Y. Tremblay, and D.P. Costa. Marine Ecology Progress Series 394: 277-288 (2009).
- Geographic intraspecific variation in buoyancy within each of four species of Antarctic notothenioid fishes. T.J. Near, C.D. Jones, and J.T. Eastman. Antarctic Science 21:123–129 (2009).
- Interannual spatial variability of krill (Euphausia superba) influences seabird foraging behavior near Elephant Island, Antarctica. J.A. Santora, C.S. Reiss, A.M. Cossio, and R.R. Veit. Fisheries Oceanography 18: 20-35 (2009).