The SWFSC Fisheries Ecology Division is located on the UC Santa Cruz Marine Science Campus at Terrace Point in Santa Cruz, California. You can enter the Marine Science Campus at the west end of Delaware Avenue, and our address is 110 McAllister Way.
Getting to Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz is on the central California coast at the north end of Monterey Bay. It can be reached by going south on 17 from San Jose, taking the 1-North exit, and going west on Mission Street.
You can also go south on 1 from Half Moon Bay or north on 1 from Monterey or Moss Landing. Highway 1 becomes Mission Street as it goes through Santa Cruz.
Getting to the lab
- Get on Mission Street and go to the west end of town.
- From Mission, turn south (toward the ocean) on Swift Street. (There will be a stoplight and a 7-11 at the corner.)
- At the stop sign, turn right (west) on Delaware Avenue.
- Go to the end of Delaware Avenue, past the De Anza mobile home park
- Continue straight into the UC Santa Cruz Marine Science Campus. There will be a gate (red star on the map below), but it should be open during normal business hours.
- Follow the road as it veers left around a corner.
- Go past the California Fish and Game building on the right.
- The SWFSC Fisheries Ecology Division is the second building on the left. There will be the number 110 on the mailbox out front. [Note: The first building on the left is new and is not shown in the aerial photo below.]
- The building's main entrance is in the courtyard past the two large water tanks.