Opportunities for student internships as well as volunteer and paid positions in the Larval Lab are available on a regular basis.
Types of Projects
Students can choose among a variety of projects, including:
- Learning the systematics of fishes
- Learning various ichthyoplankton sample analyses
- Learning how to curate the Collection Archive
Who Can Apply?
We accept currently enrolled high school and college students.
We ask students to work a minimum of one month, at least 15 hours a week. Depending on the project and the student's goals, however, some positions are available for several years.
In the past we have worked with students from:
- Local high schools (Stella Maris Academy, MET, Francis Parker)
- Harvey Mudd College Upward Bound
- UCSD Work Study
- Hire A Youth Program
For more information on student opportunities, please contact